Guess what…the world didn’t end and instead of us living to see 2012, we’re going to get to enjoy 2013! Wahoo. Every year when a new year rolls around I always think about people who are in their 80s and 90s who probably couldn’t imagine some of the technology and stuff we take for granted. Anyway…yesterday City Moms Blog Network (our blog mama, if you will) reposted my 2012 Marriage Resolutions (do you follow them on Facebook?) Ha…what a joke. We didn’t do a single one. WHY is it so difficult to stick to these types of things? Maybe I need an accountability poster or something in my house that reminds me of what I’m signing up for. It sounds silly, but it’s true–sort of like a work to-do list. Well, this year I’m not involving anyone in my new year’s resolutions but me, myself and I. Actually, scratch that, I’m not resolving anything, I’m making a list of 13 things I would like to accomplish in 2013. Maybe this will lead to a better track record.
1. Like 75% of the women across the world, I would like to be healthier. I’m happy in my single-digit size pants, but I’m not healthy. I eat like crap and need to turn that around…a healthy mama will foster a healthier family. I downloaded the Weight Watchers app…but I’ll start tracking tomorrow
2. I don’t know if “create” is the right word, but Create a Five-Year Life Plan. This sounds silly, but we had to do this for work–a Five Year Plan–and it got me thinking about my personal five year plan. Where do I want to be? What do I want to be doing? This should be fun.
3. Try to like cooking. I don’t loathe cooking, but it’s certainly not my therapy. I’ll challenge myself to trying one recipe a month..that’ll be a good start and nothing too ambitious I’ll be discouraged if I can’t meet.
4. Cut my hair. I’ve had long hair for a couple of years now, I’m ready for something new. Something like this and if I can look like Jessica Biel by the end of it, I’ll be happier. New year–new hair!
5. Have a designated work-free evening once a week. I think I wanted to do something like this last year, but I didn’t do a good job. This is really important to me this year. In the last twelve months I have had more side effects of stress than ever and I cannot continue down this path. Must create minimal balance.
6. Buy trendier clothing. I’m such a practical shopper, but this year I am going to get fashion magazines and take their recommendations. I always see the “Ten pieces you need this Fall” or “Must-haves for Summer” and it never fails, I head to Nordstrom and buy boring solid colors. This year, I want to shop outside of the box.
7. Learn more about wine. I drink wine pretty regularly, but I’m an ignorant wino. I’d like to learn more about the different wines and pair appropriately.
8. Catch up on Mad Men. I’m SO behind it’s embarrassing. This happened to me with Grey’s Anatomy (last episode I saw was when Denny died) and I refuse to let it happen with Mad Men.
9. Recycle. I don’t recycle right now, I’m not anti-recycling, I just don’t prioritize Mother Earth like my mother. I’d liketo start and I think the best way to do it is to buy things like this. What do you think? Any recycling tips for apartment living?
11. Read the news every day. I read four publications and my google news reader for work purposes daily, but I rarely read the news for world news or political happenings. I’m getting old…I should know what’s going on around the world and not just in my universe (or Hollywood!)
12. Add more necklaces to my jewelry collection. I have two necklaces–a string of pearls I got when I graduated college and a long necklace my friend Heather gave me that I love. I need more.
And drumroll please for the final goal…
13. Be more patient. If I only do one of the 13 things, I hope this is it. I really need to be more patient, with work, with Caroline…with life. I find myself getting frustrated when people do things in a different way than I would or at a slower pace and it causes unnecessary stress. This is a big one for me…let’s hope for patience or at least a 50% improvement.
So, there you have it folks…my 13 of 2013. What about you?
Powered by Facebook Comments